April 3, 2012

How to Make Gold With Jewelcrafting Patch 4.3

Making gold with Jewelcrafting is easy and, in my honest opinion, quite fun. Jewelcrafting is best paired with Mining, Enchanting, or Alchemy. In this guide I will try to cover how to make gold from Jewelcrafting from all angles, and if I miss any, or if you have any suggestions, please leave a comment and let me know.

Once you have maxed out your jewelcrafting, the fastest way to make gold is to Disenchant all of your created items. If you do not have an Enchanter, and you do not plan on leveling one, then just ask in trade chat if someone will do it for you. Be sure to tip them accordingly.

Once your mats from DE have sold on the auction house, you should have a good amount of gold. Now all you need to do is follow these easy steps and you will be on your way to making a ton of gold.

1. Buy as much Elementium ore as you can off the Auction House, but be sure to leave yourself around 50-100g.
2. Prospect all of the ore.
3. Once you are done prospecting the ore, you have to make a few decisions.
    a. List all of the raw gems on the Auction House and make a good amount of gold.
    b. Cut some of the popular epic gems, and list them with the uncut uncommon gems.
    c. Use the gems to make jewelry and Disenchant it.
    d. Transmute the gems using Alchemy.
    e. Create a Fire Prism, and then list all of the gems. (Not really recommended)
 
Any route you take, your going to make gold, so its really up to what you are able to do, and what makes the most gold on your server. I am going to go step by step on what exactly I do, but feel free to change the process any way you would like.

Once I have prospected all of my ore, I have multiple routes I take depending on the gems, and the current economy. I am going to go through what I do for each gem.

Zephyrite- These gems should be removed from the game in my opinion. I vendor them 90% of them time and the just take up space.

Jasper- If Jasper is high, or the Jewelcrafting daily involves Jasper, I list it on the Auction House. If not, I will make Jasper Rings, and disenchant them to sell the mats.

Alicite- Alicite can be tricky for me because it really depends on current AH prices. On my server, if Alicite is bellow 7g a piece, I make Alicite Pendants and disenchant them. If they are above 7g a piece, I list them on the AH.

Hessonite- Hessonite is similar to Alicite, but I am more likely to make Hessonite Bands because the Rare procs disenchant into Heavenly Shards.

Nightstone- I will 80% of the time list Nightstone on the AH because they sell quickly, and for a good amount of gold. If the price is really low I will make Nightstone Choker and disenchant them.

Ocean Sapphire and Amberjewel- These Rare gems do not sell very well on the AH, and the cuts are fairly unused. I usually hold on to them until the prices rise, someone asks for a specific cut in trade, or until I get 20 of them in which case I will vendor them. On my server, I usually end up vendoring them because the AH price is right at the vendor price.

Demonseye- I typically list Demonseye on the AH uncut if the prices are high, but if you have a popular cut, I would go that route instead. Wait to buy Demonseye cuts until you have the highly popular Inferno Ruby and Ember Topaz cuts first.

Ember Topaz- I usually cut my Ember Topaz and list them on the AH, but it really depends on current demand. Until you have gathered enough information about what cuts are popular on your server, I would hold on to half of them, and sell the other half on the AH.

Inferno Ruby- I rarely ever sell Inferno Rubies on the AH uncut. I only do so if the uncut gem is selling higher then any cut, but I usually cut them and hold on to them until the prices balance out. Inferno Rubies sell fast, and for around 100g for the uncut gem, and 150g for popular cuts such as Brilliant Inferno Ruby or Bold Inferno Ruby.

I will upload a video of me making gold with jewelcrafting in the near future, and I will also lay out a general price sheet of how much gold I made an hour, and how much I spent.

If you have any additions to this guide, please let me know. I am always looking to improve my guides, and any further information I can get will help others as well.


If you are interested in the addons and guides I use to make the most gold possible, check out Manaview's Tycoon addon. Its the best gold making addon I have found, and I personally use it with great results.

No comments:

Post a Comment